Sunday, September 10, 2017

"Tolkien In Love"

So, thanks to Andrew F. for the link to this radio drama based on young Ronald Tolkien's courtship of Edith Bratt. Have to confess I haven't made it all the way through it myself; it's well-done but for some reason off-putting.

Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b091s20g

Apparently it'll still be available on the radio BBC's site to listen to for about another week.

--John R
current reading: "The Highwayman" (1908) and THE CASTLE OF CROSSED DESTINIES by Italo Calvino (1969+197; tr 1976-77)


3 comments:

OnTheTrail said...

It felt too constructed for my likes. Well made but maybe a little too over produced and overly written. I could not finish, you are not alone.

Paul W said...

Is there a way to download it as an MP3? :(

John D. Rateliff said...

Hi On. Good to know.

Hi Paul. Not that I know of. Wish I cd make a copy; it might improve if read at a different time.

--John R.